Friday, March 27, 2009

Making a mark

I am preparing to build up some stock levels in order to display, and hopefully sell, my work through a local shop or gallery in Melbourne.

Something that I have been meaning to get around to is getting a stamp of my "Makers Mark" made. The problem is not getting the stamp made, but rather settling on a design for my mark. I would liken this decision to selecting a tattoo. Selecting the symbol that will forever mark a piece of jewellery as my work is similar in my mind to deciding on an artwork that will permanently adorn your body.

I have come up with a design that started with my signature, I sign my name with a lower case "e". It shrinks down well (it has to be clear at just a couple of millimeters). I like the fluidity and asymmetry of it, as that also reflects the style of my work.

What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. yes I think it is a perfect reflection of your work. it has a classic and classy look

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. Simple, classic. I think you've done very well

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's simple and stylized which is a great reflection of your work :)

    ReplyDelete